Load your wallet with funds following the steps below:
Loading the card with funds
After you have created or imported your wallet, you want to make sure it has funds. To load your wallet, you need to have cryptocurrency either in another wallet or on an exchange.
- If you do not have funds, the BitPay app offers the possibility to purchase cryptocurrency with your credit card through Simplex. Users can also buy crypto from Coinbase or Wyre directly in the BitPay app.
- If you prefer to buy cryptocurrency through an exchange, the process in most cases will be:
- Create an account on the exchange.
- Register a payment method.
- Buy cryptocurrency.
- Send the funds to your BitPay Wallet.
Learn more about purchasing cryptocurrency.
We recommend our users to load 20 USD worth of cryptocurrency to pay for the card order to avoid issues related to fees or cryptocurrency price volatility.
If you have funds on an exchange, see how to move them to your BitPay Wallet:
All set to order the BitPay card!
If you have just purchased funds, you may have to wait a few minutes until the funds are confirmed in your wallet to be able to make a payment.
After you have loaded your wallet with funds, you are ready to order the BitPay card.
Article is closed for comments.