The ShapeShift integration in the BitPay Wallet lets you trade Bitcoin (BTC) for Bitcoin Cash (BCH) and Bitcoin Cash for Bitcoin. Note: You cannot use ShapeShift with the Copay wallet, only the BitPay app.
You can follow the instructions below to use ShapeShift with the BitPay Wallet:
- Make sure you have downloaded the BitPay Wallet.
- Make sure you have both a BTC and a BCH wallet.
- If your BitPay App does not show a Bitcoin Cash wallet:
- Click the + next to your bitcoin wallet to create a new wallet
- Select New Personal Wallet
- Select BCH under the Coin option.
5. Click ShapeShift under Services.
6. On the next screen, click Shift.
7. In the From field, select the Bitcoin wallet, in the To field, select your Bitcoin Cash wallet
*Please note the conversion rate, deposit minimum and maximum, and the miner fee.
8. Check the box to agree to the Terms and click Continue.
9. Specify an amount to convert. Make sure this amount is between the Deposit Min and Deposit Max.
10. Click the blue arrow to request conversion. This will bring you to a verification screen that shows you the amount you are converting and the corresponding USD values.
11. To complete the transaction, press Click to confirm, and confirm that you want to proceed on the pop up window. If you have a spending password set, you will need to input it now.
12. This should return you to the main ShapeShift page within the BitPay app. You should be able to see your pending transaction.
After your transaction confirms on the blockchain, ShapeShift will complete the trade. When that's done, you will receive your new BTC or BCH balance – usually within minutes.
If you are waiting on a shift to complete, you can check the status of your shifts on the home screen of the ShapeShift integration in the app.