Currently, our ShapeShift integration lets you trade Bitcoin(BTC) for Bitcoin Cash(BCH) and Bitcoin Cash for Bitcoin. You can follow instructions below to use ShapeShift with the BitPay Wallet:
- Make sure you have downloaded either the BitPay or Copay wallet.
- Make sure you have both a Bitcoin and a Bitcoin Cash Wallet.
- If your wallet does not show a Bitcoin Cash wallet,
- Click the + next to your bitcoin wallet to create a new wallet
- Select New Personal Wallet
- Select BCH under the Coin option. You’ll also want to make sure you have some Bitcoin or Bitcoin Cash in one of your wallets.
- For this example, we will be converting BCH to BTC, so we will need to have a BCH wallet and a BTC wallet loaded with bitcoin in the BitPay app.
5. Click ShapeShift under Services.
6. On the next screen, click Shift.
7. In the From field, select the Bitcoin Cash wallet, in the To field, select your Bitcoin Wallet
*Please note the conversion rate, deposit minimum and maximum, and the miner fee.
8. Check the box to agree to the Terms and click Continue.
9. Specify an amount to convert. Make sure this amount is between the Max and Min.
10. Click the blue arrow to request conversion. This will bring you to a verification screen that shows you the amount you are converting and the corresponding USD values.
11. To complete the transaction, press Click to shift, and confirm that you want to proceed on the pop up window. If you have a spending password set, you will need to input it now.
12. This should return you to the main ShapeShift page within the BitPay/Copay app. You should be able to see your pending transaction.
After that, you're done! Once your transaction confirms on the Bitcoin or Bitcoin Cash network, ShapeShift will complete the trade. When that's done, you will receive your new Bitcoin or Bitcoin Cash balance – usually within minutes.
Are you waiting on a shift to complete? You can check the status of your shifts on the home screen of the ShapeShift integration in the app.