BitPay ID verification for BitPay Dashboard is performed by Onfido. To provide their services to BitPay, Onfido collects certain information from users for verification, such as a selfie and an identification document. When providing your document, we have included some best practices for successful verification.
- Do not upload scans of your documents. Please take a picture, and then upload the new picture of your document to your application.
- Please review what documents are supported.
- Don’t forget to check the expiration date, and be sure to upload a document which is not expired.
- When taking the picture, remember to center your document in the frame.
- Our system needs to see all four corners of the document.
- Focused, well-lit pictures make it easier for our system to extract your information from your documents. If any information cannot be extracted from your document, your application will require additional review to be completed.
Ukraine and Russia:
Please upload your traveling passport or driver’s license. Internal passports are not currently accepted. Please review our supported docs.
Russian travel passport
Four documents are accepted from Indian residents:
- National Identity Card (Aadhar Card)
- Tax Id (PAN Card)
- Voter Id
Please upload the latest format of your National Identity Card (Aadhar Card) that includes the complete date of birth (DD/MM/YYYY). Residents using older versions of the National Identity Card (Aadhar Card) with only the year of birth will not be accepted at this time.
If your Tax Id (PAN Card) has your surname, given name, and date of birth present but not labeled, please allow additional time for your application to complete. You can also try other supported docs.
Dutch residents will need to take additional steps to censor their citizen service number (BSN) on their Passport, ID, or Driver’s License before uploading their documents. For your security, BitPay will be unable to collect the forms if this information is visible.
We commend using the KopieID app, customers can make a safe copy of the identity document by using their smartphone. You can use the app to cross out the citizen service number (BSN), and replace it with a watermark. The watermark will also include the objective and the date.