Below is a list of most common error messages you may see when you try to pay a BitPay invoice using a non Payment Protocol compatible wallet.
- Please enter a valid email or Bitcoin address
- QR input could not be validated/ Receiving address is invalid
- This is not a valid bitcoin request
- Bitpay URIs are not currently supported/Invalid Bitcoin address
- Not a bitcoin URI
- That doesn’t appear to be a valid bitcoin address
- Invalid address. Not a valid public address
- Invalid account and address
- Something went wrong
- Please enter a valid address to send to
- There was a problem scanning/There was a problem scanning: Unsupported address
If you see any of these when trying to pay a BitPay invoice, go ahead and install a secure wallet that supports Payment Protocol. Please note, you may see other error messages if you are not using an up-to-date version of your wallet.
View our video guide to paying a BitPay merchant with Bitcoin or Bitcoin Cash.
Common Error Messages
Error message: Please enter a valid email or Bitcoin address
Scan does not get the address. Pasting the address does not work either.
Error Message: QR input could not be validated/ Receiving address is invalid
Error Message: This is not a valid bitcoin request. Samourai only supports sending to valid bitcoin addresses.
Error Message: Bitpay URIs are not currently supported/Invalid Bitcoin address
Error Message: Not a bitcoin URI
Error Message: That doesn’t appear to be a valid bitcoin address
Error Message: Invalid address. Not a valid public address.
Error Message: Invalid account and address.
Error message: Something went wrong
Entering address: does not work
Wallet: Simple Bitcoin
Error message: Please enter a valid address to send to
Scanning: Scans the address, but does not recognize the invoice.
Error message: There was a problem scanning:.../There was a problem scanning: Unsupported address:...