- Click the + in the Bitcoin Wallets card in your wallet.
- Click Create personal wallet
- Name the wallet (1), select BTC or BCH (2) under Coin (BCH testnet is less common, but can also be used), and slide the Testnet slider to the right (3).
- Click Create Wallet
- You can choose to protect the wallet with a password if you like.
- The Testnet wallet has now been created.
Testnet wallets are indicated by the small flask symbol, rather than the wallet symbol. If you see the flask symbol, you are dealing with a testnet wallet. For more information on Testnet Wallets, please click here.
Now that you have a wallet set up, you are ready to receive some testnet coins. Testnet bitcoins carry no value, and cannot be used to pay transactions. They are solely for testing implementations.
- First, you will need to get the receiving address for your testnet wallet. Click Receive at the bottom of the screen(1) while in the testnet wallet, then click the address at the bottom to copy it to your phone or computers clipboard (2).
- Navigate to https://testnet.coinfaucet.eu/en/ or your choice of testnet faucet, paste your testnet address, and check the box confirming you are not a robot. Then click Get Bitcoins!
- The faucet will send you a random amount of testnet bitcoins.
- Within a few minutes, you should see the pending transaction, and a balance in your testnet wallet.