We are able to process bitcoin payments for most businesses, but legal and regulatory issues prevent us from servicing some industries. We'd like to provide all legitimate businesses the opportunity to accept bitcoin, and we are constantly working to make that a possibility.
We understand that some items may be legal to sell where you are located. However, because BitPay’s headquarters is in the United States, we comply with all federal laws and regulations. This means that you cannot directly or indirectly sell any of the following:
- Narcotics, research chemicals, or any controlled substances
- Cash or cash equivalents, including items used for speculation or hedging purposes (such as derivatives), and the sale or trade of virtual currencies
- items that infringe or violate any intellectual property rights such as copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, or patents
- ammunition, firearms, explosives (including fireworks), or weapons regulated under applicable law or as determined by BitPay
- any services which compete with BitPay