After you have updated the BitPay app, please follow the steps below:
1. Open the BitPay app.
2. Click on the card icon in the app (third from the left) to see the new card offer. Or if you're using a QR code, it can be scanned from the wallet icon after creating or importing wallet.
3. Complete the card onboarding process and verification. For existing Visa cardholders, the card order fee will be waived after this is completed.
Since the BitPay Prepaid Mastercard® is a reloadable prepaid card, it is subject to standard US banking law. You will need to provide the following to help us verify your identity:
- Full Name
- Address of Residence (No PO Boxes)
- Date of Birth
- Phone Number
- Social Security Number or ITIN
- A photo of your identity document
- A clear selfie of your face
Identity verification for BitPay Card orders is performed by Onfido. In order to verify your identity, you must provide a clear selfie of your face and a clear photo of a supported identity document.
US residents can submit any of the following IDs:
- Driver's license
- State ID
- Passport Card
- Residence Permit (Green Card)
- Work Permit
- Immigrant Visa
If you have any questions about your application, please reach out to our team.
The BitPay Prepaid Mastercard is issued by Metropolitan Commercial Bank (Member FDIC) pursuant to a license from Mastercard International. “Metropolitan Commercial Bank” and “Metropolitan” are registered trademarks of Metropolitan Commercial Bank ©2014. For customer service call BitPay Prepaid Mastercard at 1-855-398-1373.