Replace-by-Fee (RBF) is a feature that enables Bitcoin users to replace their original transactions by paying a higher fee. In general, accepting RBF transactions comes with a higher risk of double spend attacks, as well as the risk of a user changing the amount of a transaction before it is mined. Due to these risks, BitPay unfortunately cannot accept RBF transactions at this time.
How to disable RBF in your Electrum wallet
- Navigate to Preferences.
- Uncheck the Use Replace-By-Fee option.
How to disable RBF in your Electrum Mobile wallet
- Tap the three dots icon on the top right corner.
- Go to Settings.
- Tap Replace-by-fee.
- Uncheck the Enabled option.
- Tap OK.
How to disable RBF in your Bitcoin Core wallet
- Navigate to the Send tab.
- Expand Transaction Fee if collapsed.
- Uncheck the Enable Replace-By-Fee option.