Accept cryptocurrency payments on your WordPress site with BitPay's open source plugin for Woocommerce.
Get started by signing up for a BitPay merchant account.
You must also have already installed the Woocommerce plugin from the WordPress Plugin Directory.
Installing the Plugin
- Look for the BitPay plugin via the WordPress Plugin Manager. From your WordPress admin panel, go to Plugins > Add New > Search plugins and type BitPay
- Navigate to your WordPress Admin Panel and select Plugins > Add New > Upload Plugin.
- Select BitPay checkout for Woocommerce and click on Install Now and then on Activate Plugin
After the plugin is activated, BitPay will appear in the WooCommerce>Payments section.
NOTE: This plugin works with Wordpress 4.9 or higher and PHP 5.5 or higher. Merchants who have a previous version of the WooCommerce BitPay Plugin will need to remove it. This can be done by navigating to Wordpress's Adminstration Panel > Plugins. Deactivate the old plugin, then delete it.
Please visit the BitPay plugin page on the WordPress plugin directory for a complete description including screenshots.
After you have installed the BitPay plugin, the configuration steps are:
- Create an API token from your BitPay merchant dashboard:
- Login to your BitPay merchant account and go to the API token settings
- click on the Add new token button: indicate a token label (for instance: Woocommerce), uncheck “Require Authentication” and click on the Add Token button
- Copy the token value
- Log in to your WordPress admin panel, select WooCommerce > Payments and click on the Set up button next to the BitPay Payment methods:
- Paste the token value into the appropriate field: Development Token for token copied from the sandbox environment (test.bitpay.com) and Production Token for token copied from the live environment (bitpay.com)
- select the endpoint – Test or Production
- Click “Save changes” at the bottom of the page
Nice work! Your customers will now be able to check out with bitcoin on your WordPress site.