Shopify is a powerful, versatile online store for any business. BitPay works directly with Shopify to integrate cryptocurrency payments directly into Shopify's hosted checkout system. Enabling cryptocurrency payments in your Shopify store is simple and requires no coding knowledge. In this article we’ll show you the steps to adding BitPay’s Shopify integration to your checkout.
You will need the following before you can start accepting crypto payments on Shopify via BitPay:
- Shopify account - Try Shopify free for 14 days, no credit card required.
- BitPay Merchant account - To finalize your account, you’ll need to confirm your email address, get verified for payment processing, and add your settlement information.
How to Add the BitPay Integration to Your Shopify Site
Once you have your Shopify account and BitPay Merchant account created, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the BitPay App in the Shopify App Store, and click the Add app button.
- Click Install app in the top right corner:
- You will need to log into your BitPay Merchant Dashboard and complete the two-factor verification if you have it turned on.
- Select Finish setup.
- Click Activate BitPay.
- You will see a pop-up at the bottom of the screen confirming you have activated the new BitPay integration.
Instructions for Upgrading From an Old BitPay Shopify Integration
If you have previously used BitPay to accept crypto on your Shopify website, it is necessary to deactivate your old BitPay integration so your customers can access the new BitPay integration. Please make sure your new integration is working properly before deactivating.
- From the homepage, select Settings at the bottom left of the screen.
- Then you will select Payments.
- Select Manage next to BitPay.
- Then you will select Deactivate BitPay. To ensure you are deactivating the correct one, the old app will ask you for an API Key.
- On the pop-up window, select Deactivate again.
- You will receive a confirmation box that it is deactivated.