Once funds have been loaded to your card balance, Wave Crest holds them as dollars, euros, or pounds (depending on your card type). If you have a card balance on your deactivated card, you can request a bank transfer refund from Wave Crest.
We have detailed the steps for claiming a refund below.
How you can claim a bank transfer refund
Your first option is to receive a refund in the currency held on your card (GBP, EUR, or USD). Wave Crest will transfer the funds to your bank account.
1. Fill out the Wave Crest refund authorization form. Select the second option. BitPay will not have access to your banking information, bank statement, or ID.
2. Send your ID, bank statement, and completed form to email@example.com as email attachments.
3. Wave Crest will verify that you are a cardholder. You will receive a bank transfer refund from Wave Crest within 30 days.
- 1/9/18: A previous version of this article stated that refund exchange rates locked in at time that "you provide your bitcoin refund address and submit the refund for processing." We have corrected the statement above.
- 2/14/18: Bitcoin refunds are no longer available for BitPay Card balances.