We’re sorry to hear you’re having difficulties completing your transaction with the BitPay Card.
Declined transactions can occur if you:
- do not have sufficient funds to meet the hold and the product,
- do not enter the zip code associated with your BitPay Card billing address, or
- do not enter the correct PIN.
How to Minimize or Avoid Declined Transactions:
- Please check your account balance before each purchase by logging into your account through the BitPay website or BitPay app. Please remember some businesses may place a hold on to your account until the credit transaction settles. To avoid account holds when making purchases, please use the debit option when available and enter your PIN.
- Please check that you are using the correct zip code associated to your BitPay Card. The zip code associated with your BitPay card is the zip code associated with the billing address.
- Please check that you are using the correct PIN for your BitPay Card. PINs are not able to be personalized for security reasons. If you forget the PIN associated to your BitPay Card, please call our cardholder services line at 1-855-884-7568 to change your PIN.
If you are still having trouble completing your transaction, please reach out to our cardholder services team at 1-855-884-7568 to get assistance. This team has access to advanced tools which will allow them to identify why there was a decline. They can answer any questions regarding issues with Visa transactions.
You can reach the cardholder services team from 8 AM ET - 10 PM ET during the business week and 9 AM ET - 6 PM ET on weekends.
The BitPay Visa® Prepaid Card is issued by Metropolitan Commercial Bank, member FDIC, pursuant to a license from Visa, U.S.A. Inc. “Metropolitan” and “Metropolitan Commercial Bank” are registered trademarks of Metropolitan Commercial Bank © 2014. Use of the Card is subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable Cardholder Agreement and fee schedule, if any.