Copy these files into
sites/all/modules/ in your Drupal directory.
- Sign up for a merchant account with Bitpay, at https://bitpay.com. Be sure to
read all provided information thoroughly, and to understand the fees that
will be charged.
- On your Bitpay merchant page, provide deposit information. This can be
information for your bank account, or a forwarding bitcoin address, or some
mixture thereof (you can set the funds to be converted to different
currencies in differing proportions.)
- Create an API key at https://bitpay.com by clicking My Account > API Access
Keys > Add New API Key.
- Under Administration > Modules, verify that the Bitpay module is enabled
under the Ubercart - payment section.
- Under Store > Configuration > Payment Methods, enable the Bitpay payment
method, and then go to the Bitpay settings menu.
- Enter your API Key under the Administrator settings dropdown menu, and enter
other settings as desired.
- Select a transaction speed under General settings. The high speed will
send a confirmation as soon as a transaction is received in the bitcoin
network (usually a few seconds). A medium speed setting will typically
take 10 minutes. The low speed setting usually takes around 1 hour. See
the bitpay.com merchant documentation for a full description of the
transaction speed settings: https://bitpay.com/downloads/bitpayApi.pdf
- When a shopper chooses the Bitcoin payment method, they will be presented
with an order summary as the next step (prices are shown in whatever
currency they've selected for shopping).
- Here, the shopper can either pay to the one-time-use address given, scan the
QR code to pay, or use the click-to-pay button if they're using an
Note: This extension does not provide a means of automatically pulling a
current BTC exchange rate for presenting BTC prices to shoppers.